I’m a professional film director, cameraman and editor based in Cairo, Egypt with experience working in diiferent type of media, among them are fiction and documentary films, music videos, and in 2015 I started to take concrete steps towards becoming a professional wildlife filmmaking with speciality training in various techniques including VR/360 shooting and underwater videography as a (PADI Advanced open water – GUE Tech 1 diver). Outside my home country, I have solid shooting experience working for five month in African countries on creating documentaries for varies wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in South Africa and Malawi. Back in Egypt at the moment I’m working with the Egyptian government- Ministry of Environmental Affairs on highlighting the unique, undiscovered part of Egypt wildlife and natural history.
Awards and Qualifications
- Professional filmmaker with screenings in international film festivals in many countries, among them are (Ireland, Australia, France, Peru, Morocco..etc).
- Experienced cameraman (Canon 5D MIII, MIV, Sony A7sII, A7r, Black Magic pocket camera, Red Epic Dragon).
- Experienced editor and VFX supervisor (Adobe premiere pro cc, After Effects CC).
- Special diving training (PADI advanced open water, GUE Tech 1, Documentation Diver)
- Experience in working with VR/360 video techniques.
- Scientific training as as research assistant with the African Bats Conservation (ABC) Malawi under the supervision of Dr. Emma stone from the university of Bristol.
Work and Contracts
- Wildlife filmmaking internship with Africa media, Mossel Bay/ South Africa, a One month special training in making a wildlife documentary from writing to final editing, the outcome was my short wildlife documentary (A Post Card Home).
- South African Animals Sanctuary Allience (SAASA), South Africa. working as a ranger tour guide and photographer/filmmaker in the Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and Jukani wildlife sanctuaries. I took photographs and filmed individual primates, I also made a series of 28 documentation projects about the sanctuaries and the individual species that inhabit them, portraying the unique identity of the place and the staff working there and giving a closer look on the kind of experience should the guests expect when visiting them.
- African Bat Conservation (ABC), Liwonde National Park, Malawi: Research assistant on Bat species in the national park. Production of documentation video on the team’s efforts in studying and protecting African bats, in addition to another video documenting the park’s 50th anniversary of the wetland birds’ count.
- Ministry of Environmental Affairs, Egypt: hort documentary on migratory soaring birds and the protective measures by the Egyptian government to secure the birds migratory routes passing by wind farms.
The video was displayed at the UN Biodiversity Conference (COP14) in Sharm El Sheikh.