Welcome to our Recruiter Program! This is an initiative we are very excited about, and really hope that it offers you the chance to continue to build your relationship with the team here at Africa Media. The Alumni Program is run by Fiona, so if you have any questions, that are not covered in the T&C’s below, then please contact Fiona directly at Fiona@africa-media.org. Thanks again for your interest in working with us, and we look forward to welcoming you on the recruiter program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to I market the Africa Media Programs?
- Marketing is a skill, but takes effort. The best way is to target areas where students congregate physically and virtually. Such as specific social media platforms, universities, clubs etc. Secondly, get creative on how to advertise freely to the students – give talks, put up posters, post social media advertisments, etc. And remember, Africa Media is here to assist you. When you sign up, we will give you are the marketing materials (and guidance) that you require. Also remember, to drive you marketing back to yourself. This will ensure that you can use your personal experience as testimony to our programs and also ensure that you get credit for your marketing and recruitment work.
How do I ensure I get credit for interns I recruit?
- The best thing to do is ensure that your marketing effort leads back to you (e.g. on posters, ensure your name and email address is present). Thus you can manually upload the leads that you generate and thus ensure you are credited with the recruitment effort. Also, we are happy to inquire directly with recruited interns as to how they heard about Africa Media, if they identify you, then you will be credited.
Can I recruit for programs I did not attend
- Yes. You have experienced and are knowledgable on Africa Media and how we run our programs. Even if you have not participated directly in all programs, you are an expert. If their are questions or queries that you cannot answers, do not hesitate to read our FAQ’s on how to answer intern questions, or reach out to one of our team – probably Fiona, for assistance. We are here to help.
How does the commissions work?
- Its pretty simply, you get 200USD per intern that you recruit (also for each month – e.g. 400USD for two month participation). You are eligible to received this payment once the intern has paid the program deposit, and you have been identified as the recruiter. Once you have successful recruits you can apply for payout in either May or November by submitting a claims form and sending a PAYPAL invoice to us at – email@example.com.
Does Africa Media help with funding for marketing?
- Typically we do not assist with marketing funding, however, in a few circumstances we will assist. If you want to set up a stall at a university career / society day, then we are happy to provide a printing and entry budget. If you have a marketing idea that does require significant additional funding, you are free to propose your idea to us.
What do my duties as a recruiter entail?
- Our recruiters are responsible for generating their own prospects (marketing) and nurturing (recruiting) them to the stage of submitting a provisional booking. At the stage that they would like to book, you should direct the prospective intern to submit a booking form via our Africa Media website. Our team is available to assist you in answering queries, but should be the primary contact for the prospective intern throughout.
What support does Africa Media offer.
- Recruiters are welcome to upload new prospects onto the Africa Media site, and thus prospective intern will receive automated information about our programs. Alternatively, we can assist with guiding you in answering questions for prospects – just drop a note to Fiona with the query you require answering. Further support is offered in a series of FAQ’s geared towards typical questions that prospective interns ask.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon successful recruitment of an intern, a recruiter will receive a booking commission of 200USD per month the intern books with Africa Media.
- A successful recruitment is deemed to be fulfilled when a prospective intern has paid the non-refundable deposit of 750USD.
- If a recruited intern pays the deposit, but subsequently cancels, a recruiter will receive 50% of the commission at 100USD
- All marketing material that is given can only be used to market Africa Media programs
- Recruiters will be identified as the ‘recruiter’ only if (a) they upload the prospect to our system, (b) the prospect identifies them as ‘source’ at time of booking, or (c) the recruiter lodges a query and we confirm with the intern that first contact was made through the recruiter.
- Prospective interns engaged on Africa Media’s public marketing platforms (social media groups and pages) will not be credited to a recruiter. Recruiters should conduct their own marketing efforts to generate prospective leads.
- Africa Media will payout commission via PAYPAL only. It is imperative that recruiters setup a paypal account and send paypal invoices to Africa Media at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payouts will occur bi-annually in May and November. Payouts will only occur is a claims form and paypal invoice has been received by Africa Media.
- Should a recruiter misrepresent Africa Media, its programs, or bring disrepute to Africa Media, then Africa Media retains the right to immediately remove a recruiter from the program.